Saturday, April 14, 2012

America the Beautiful

After 13 hours on a plane and 42 hours without sleep, I’m home.  The last night in the centre was a long one.  Some girls and I celebrated by going down to Westminster and dining at a pub.  After we rode the eye and got a last panoramic view of the city.  Then we used our oyster cards for the last time when riding the bus home.

I woke up early to pack and eat breakfast.  Or at least I thought I woke up early, but when I got to breakfast at 8:10 the only thing left was cereal.  No milk, just cereal.  So after my dry cereal breakfast I said goodbye to my bedroom and left for good.  I was the only one of my 10-hour flight.  It took forever to get home but now I can say I’ve seen Ireland, Greenland, and the northern part of Canada.  I was afraid I was going to miss my connecting flight in Dallas but I ended up having plenty of time.  They wouldn’t let us bored because our pilots were M.I.A.  They finally showed up 40 minutes late but it still took another 20 to get in the air.  I actually got really lucky because on all six flights in the last three months I never had to sit by anyone and make small talk.  Anyway, I was so dead tired by the time I left Dallas I just wanted to fall asleep, except the plane was freezing cold and I was watching an awesome lightning storm outside over Oklahoma, which I later found out was really a tornado.

Finally at midnight I touched down in Utah.  It's surreal being home.  It feels like I never left.  I'm glad I did though.  It seriously was the best three months of my college experience.  I highly recommend doing a study abroad to everyone who is able.  I already miss London but nothing beats being home.
Sorry the picture quality isn't exactly picture perfect, especially America
*****

Because I am home I am retiring this blog.  If you are reading this I want to thank you for being interested enough to stay 'til the end.  Although it's not really the end because you can stay caught up with my life by clicking here.
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment